The Practical Driving Test Guide
The practical driving test is the final step towards getting your VicRoads driving licence.
If you’ve prepared well and had a fantastic driving instructor then you’re set to getting your driving licence with ease. Having a qualified driving instructor helps to get your licence easily. Take your driving lessons from driving instructors who can prepare you toward passing your driving test.
There are 3 stages or tests you need to pass in order to get your driver’s licence:
- Learner Knowledge Test
- Hazard Percipient Test
- Practical Driving Test
The practical test will take about one hour to accomplish.
Here are the Practical Driving Test steps you will be going through at the VicRoads testing office:
- Arrive 10 – 15 minutes prior to your driving test.
- they will ask you to wait for your name to be called out by the Learner Testing Officer (LTO).
- The Learner Testing Officer will fill out a form asking you for your details (name, date of birth, address).
- LTO will ask if you hold an Overseas Driver’s Licence and to get the details.
- LTO will also ask if you’re taking any medication that would be preventing you from taking the driving test.
- A simple vision test is conducted to ensure you have the minimum vision before sitting for the driving test.
- The next step is to go and sit in the car waiting for the Licence Test Officer to come out and inspect your driving test vehicle.
Licence Testing Officer will check the car controls before starting the test:
- Check headlights,
- Check car indicators,
- Check windscreen Washer Operation,
- Check horn,
- Check emergency hazard indicator lights,
- Check brake lights,
- and check rear demister.
The next step is the road driving test and it will take about 30 – 45 minutes in two stages.
This stage will take about 10-15 minutes and it is the test to see if you have learned how to park and/or 3 point turn at a quite area.
In this stage your driving skills are assessed. This will take about 20-25 minutes to complete. Just relax, listen and do exactly what the Licence Testing Officer wants you to do.
You will be assessed in the following driving skills:
- Lane changing and merging,
- Traffic Observations,
- Lateral position on the road,
- Gape selection,
- Vehicle position on the road during turns turns,
- Roundabout driving,
- Dealing with priorities at intersections like stop signs and give way signs,
- and also driving with traffic lights.
Please note that the driving test is not over until the Licence Testing Officer leaves the vehicle. If you’ve carefully learned to drive with your driving instructor then then there is no reason not to pass the driving test. We at Rahma Driving School make sure you’re ready before booking your driving test.
If you pass your driving test your score is revealed and your photo is taken and sent to you by mail. You will receive it within 2 weeks. You ware given a temporary driving licence and are eligible to drive on your own. However, you must display the red P plates on your the vehicle you drive.
Call on Rahma Driving School to help you get your VicRoads Driver’s Licence.