As a professional driving school in Melbourne one has to know their way around on the roads. At Rahma Driving School our driving instructors have many years offering quality driving lessons to learner drivers in Melbourne and more so in the Northern suburbs of Melbourne. Hence, knowing your way around eliminates many obstacles that could have been a hazard during driving or even when teaching to drive.
Increase Road Knowledge
Learner drivers who learn to increase their road knowledge will find that they will become better drivers on the roads. No matter what type of driver you are, whether you’re just a casual driver or someone who has many years of driving experience, your road knowledge of the roads and the routes will give you a better experience and driving abilities.
Internal Driving Compass & Safe Drivers
What makes someone a safe driver is the knowledge and skills they’ve gained throughout their driving efforts. Drivers who learn early and know how to navigate through an internal compass make good and confident drivers. So, learn to increase your internal navigation compass.
Learn your east and west along with north and south. Learning these will help you steer your way home or the place you’re thinking of traveling to. This simple knowledge can help eliminate any chance of you losing your way around at your neck of the woods. Furthermore, your internal compass helps eliminate a lot of uncertainty during your road trips and thereby increasing your safety levels.
In our driving school, we help our learner drivers gain this simple skill to help them locate where they are in relation to home, a landmark or even the central business district (CBD).
If you’re a learner driver or someone who has recently passed their driving test, try to learn these skills as well as your Victorian road rules. They will all benefit you in the long run.
How to be more Road Savvy?
In this article we’ve provided some of the main areas that will help you to become more road savvy. Learn these to increase your road knowledge. It would also help you with your driving lessons if you’ve just started taking driving lessons in Melbourne.
- Learn to use the street directory to locate and plot a path from one suburb to another. It will not only increase your street knowledge but also create a better navigator.
- Learn the suburbs where you live and every place you intend to visit by car. This will strengthen your internal compass and suburbs knowledge of your world.
- Be enthusiastic and pay attention to road names. Learn the major roads and perhaps suburbs along those roads. It is handy to know the main roads because every so often they come up in conversations that help one to understand topics of conversation.
- Learn where major centers are like the CBD, shopping centers and other main city areas. Having knowledge of these will increase your long term memory of your city.
- Try to be aware of major events that would may interfere with your driving and driving trip. Knowing about these events will enable you to be more conscious of traffic levels.
- Know your freeways and tollways and what you need to do before getting on one. Furthermore, knowing where to get on one or where to get off is also something that will increase your driving safety.
- Anticipate peak and off-peak hours when deciding to drive. Knowing these times will enable you to make better judgement on travel time and hence decrease frustration if you ever are held in traffic.
As driver, your passengers and most likely your family will depend on you for a lot things on the road. So, know where you are and how to get in and out.
Plan your route
If you don’t know your way around whilst behind the wheel then you should stop immediately and plan your route for a more safer trip. Having to exercise this along with your road knowledge and driving skills will give you confidence in your driving abilities.
We are a friendly driving school and operate throughout the CBD and Northern Suburbs Melbourne. If you’re ever looking for a driving school who will be there to not only to help with your driving skills but also road knowledge then give us a call today.